Sr Actuarial Analyst Job
Date: May 18, 2013
Location: Harrisburg, PA, US
It’s a great time to put the strength of Coventry Health Care behind your career!
Coventry Health Care is a $12 billion growth oriented national managed health care company based in Bethesda, MD with 14,000 employees in 48 states. We provide a full range of risk and fee-based managed care products and services to a broad cross section of employer and government-funded groups, government agencies, and other insurance carriers and administrators.
Establishes market rates, reserve estimates, trend projections, and other financial determinations for assigned markets. Advises, counsels and makes recommendations on issues and policies affecting the company. Performs moderately complex analyses independently.
The ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES of the Senior Actuarial Analyst will be:
- Conducts quantitative assessments of risk relating to market premium rate levels, new product development, provider contracts, and IBNR in accordance with regulatory and professional guidelines.
- Applies knowledge of mathematics, probability, statistics, principles of finance and business to risk and trend analyses.
- Analyzes, summarizes, and reconciles essential statistical data.
- Conducts extensive special studies or research projects related to company strategy and objectives under general direction. Works on problems of diverse scope.
- Explains actuarial methodology to appropriate parties.
- Identifies and analyzes the internal and external factors which affect statistics for use in trending, pricing, reserving, contracting, etc.
- Ensures the accuracy of work assigned through the development and use of reconciliation techniques.
- Designs specific studies and research projects as requested.
- Tests computer applications of new rating methods.
- Performs other duties as required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Associate, Society of Actuaries (ASA) designation required.
- Significant (usually 5-7 years) experience in managed care finance or analyses.
- Knowledgeable of all federal and state laws and regulations professional standards and current managed care practices.
- Knowledge of statistical and computer information systems.
CHC offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401k.
Interested individuals can review the full Job Description and apply on line at http://jobs.coventryhealthcare.com/ . Click on the On Line Career Center for details. Please use Job Requisition # 1310240.
Coventry Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to building a talented and diverse team.
Primary Location: Harrisburg, PA, US
Other Locations: ,
Organization: 10900 - CMS - STAR Corporate
Job Posting: 2013-02-22 00:00:00.0
Job ID: 1310240
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Nearest Secondary Market: Harrisburg
Job Segments: Law, Product Development, Information Systems, Medical, Actuarial, Legal, Research, Technology, Healthcare, Insurance